This is our first communication of 2019 and provides me with an opportunity to detail news and developments from your Federation and this year's priorities.
In 2018, our main objective was to liaise with and lobby politicians and civil servants to improve the population management law. We have evidence that shows that the legislation is continuing to hamper member firms with staff recruitment so are to continue our campaign.
Our other key policy areas for year are:
• Launch the Made in Guernsey/Guernsey Marque initiative
• Improve digital connectivity, infrastructure and skills
• Reduce over regulation
• Diversify the economy/developing incentives for new industry
• Encourage discussion within the States on deferred pensions
• Monitor Guernsey's progress in providing renewable energy.
Our Annual General Meeting is scheduled for quarter one of 2019, around the end of February/early March and I will write to you separately on this in the coming weeks.
May I take this opportunity to thank you for your support and to look forward to seeing you at the AGM.